The 25th of May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has taken effect and mark an important step in data protection.
The new regulation brings enhanced rights for individuals, recognising the privacy risks and it places obligations that are more stringent on organisations that process personal data and ensures that they provide services in line with the enhanced rights of individuals.
What information do we collect?
Personal information you disclose to us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering for our services or expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services.
We process the personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, age, e; date of birth; gender; e-mail address; telephone number; home address; country of residence; lifestyle and social circumstances (for example, your pastimes); family circumstances (for example, your marital status and dependents); employment and education details (for example, the organization you work for, your job title and your education details); financial and tax-related information for example your income and tax residency, your children name, credentials, passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
How do we use your information?
We use personal information collected for a variety of business purposes We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations.
We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third party account *(such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process.
- Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the website
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our services
- We may collect or obtain such data because you give it to us in a form on our Website
Will your information be shared with anyone?
In Short: We do not collect data from other sources or 3rd parties and we do not not share information with other 3rd parties
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfil the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
NOTE: sharing content with other users in social Media.
Importantly, any personal information that you contribute to open social Media Applications can be read, collected and used by other users. We do NOT have control over these and, therefore, we cannot guarantee that any information that you contribute to any Social Media Applications will be handled in accordance with this privacy statement.
How long do we keep your information?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the relevant activity or services or required by law; or at the end of the period in which litigation or investigations might arise in respect of the services.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible for instance your personal data has been stored in backup archives, then we will securely store your personal information and isolate them from any further processing until deletion is possible.
How do we keep your information safe?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our products is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
Do we collect information from minors?
In Short: In some regions, such as the EU you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In the EU, you have certain rights under applicable data protection regulation GDPR.
- The right to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information
- To request rectification or erasure
- To restrict the processing of your personal information; and if applicable, to data portability
- In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information
To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below.
- We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you are resident in the EU and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can: Upon your request to terminate your account freely,
We will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, some information may be retained in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms use or to comply with legal competent authorities.
Do we make updates to this policy?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
How can you contact us about this policy?
You may contact us via our contact page. We aim to reply to all messages within 5 working days.